With the significance of climate change, carbon footprints and global warming, it is our responsibility and duty at Off Road NZ to do everything we can to conduct business in a sustainable way to look after and preserve our environment.
Here at Off Road NZ in Rotorua, we take sustainability very seriously and have implemented many new initiatives to ensure we are doing the best we can to be a sustainable operator.
Off Road NZ is an active member of the Rotorua Sustainable Tourism Charter. Businesses that are charter members are committed to sustainable business practices, which conserve the physical and social / cultural environment. Sustainable practices are taken into consideration in each of Off Road NZ’s Rotorua adventures; including Raceline Karting, Monster 4X4 Thrill Rides and 4WD Bush Safaris.
What is Off Road NZ doing to be more sustainable?
- We are continually caring for and maintaining our land. This includes the implementation of an ongoing native replanting programme
- Waste oil is safely stored, then collected for recycling at the nearest recycling facility
- As part of our continued safety and maintenance programme, all vehicles at Off Road NZ are regularly tuned and safety inspected.
- We use energy-saving light bulbs in public and staff facilities throughout the complex
- We separate our waste and recycle in the appropriate bins and encourage our guests to do the same
- By emailing quotes and invoices we have reduced the usage of paper, envelopes and stamps
- We extended the utilities shed to include a fully covered in drying room for our wet weather gear. This utilises solar heat and minimises the need to use a tumble dryer
- We installed a new water treatment plant which is more environmentally friendly than normal septic tanks.
- Our storm water tank collects approximately 200,000 litres annually of water from the roof of our work shop. The water will be used to wash vehicles which is our highest water consumption within the site.
- Our modern headquarters has been constructed in a way that will incorporate a number of sustainable building design elements including above standard insulation, design and positioning of the building to take advantage of the passive heat and light, double glazing and heat pumps.
Discover more about OFFROADNZ
Add this to you MUST Do list! Amazing and so much fun! Now wanting to come straight back and spend the whole day and try everything else out too. Would definitely recommend this to anyone with a drivers licence. Just enough scary with a mountain of fun and adventure.
The Bush Safari tour was a great hit & my son in law, who has done quite a bit of 4WD said he enjoyed coming up against challenging areas that he has not done before. Thanks Rotorua 4WD for making my Christmas present a great success.
My husband and I had the best time at Off Road NZ! Our faces hurt from smiling so much while challenging ourselves on the Bush Safari, before the once-in-a-lifetime thrill that is the Monster Truck, and the awesome Go Kart track. As well as being an exciting, adrenaline-pumping couple of hours, we were so impressed by the impeccable facilities, and most of all the staff... Well done team at Off Road NZ. We can't wait to come back and bring our friends!
The 4 wheel drive safari is so much fun. Not cheap but if you are able to do this put it at the top of your list of activities to do when in town. We will definitely be going again when we are next back in town. If we had 10 stars to pick that wouldn't even be enough to rate this place
Palmerston North, NZ
A big shout out to Ian and Carol at Off-road NZ again the doorman’s had a fabulous time. This has to be the best karting ever, it addictive and makes you want more and more!!!