With the significance of climate change, carbon footprints and global warming, it is our responsibility and duty at Off Road NZ to do everything we can to conduct business in a sustainable way to look after and preserve our environment.
Here at Off Road NZ in Rotorua, we take sustainability very seriously and have implemented many new initiatives to ensure we are doing the best we can to be a sustainable operator.
Off Road NZ is an active member of the Rotorua Sustainable Tourism Charter. Businesses that are charter members are committed to sustainable business practices, which conserve the physical and social / cultural environment. Sustainable practices are taken into consideration in each of Off Road NZ’s Rotorua adventures; including Raceline Karting, Monster 4X4 Thrill Rides and 4WD Bush Safaris.
What is Off Road NZ doing to be more sustainable?
- We are continually caring for and maintaining our land. This includes the implementation of an ongoing native replanting programme
- Waste oil is safely stored, then collected for recycling at the nearest recycling facility
- As part of our continued safety and maintenance programme, all vehicles at Off Road NZ are regularly tuned and safety inspected.
- We use energy-saving light bulbs in public and staff facilities throughout the complex
- We separate our waste and recycle in the appropriate bins and encourage our guests to do the same
- By emailing quotes and invoices we have reduced the usage of paper, envelopes and stamps
- We extended the utilities shed to include a fully covered in drying room for our wet weather gear. This utilises solar heat and minimises the need to use a tumble dryer
- We installed a new water treatment plant which is more environmentally friendly than normal septic tanks.
- Our storm water tank collects approximately 200,000 litres annually of water from the roof of our work shop. The water will be used to wash vehicles which is our highest water consumption within the site.
- Our modern headquarters has been constructed in a way that will incorporate a number of sustainable building design elements including above standard insulation, design and positioning of the building to take advantage of the passive heat and light, double glazing and heat pumps.
Discover more about OFFROADNZ
Cracking drive! Excellent staff! Awesome for a wet weather day! Totally recommend The 4x4 Suzuki’s were warm! Clean and dry! Well worth it! Really enjoyed our time there!
The go-kart race was the obvious highlight for the majority of our group. The 4WD safari was a great way for our newly formed team to bond with someone new. All the staff were patient, informative, and extremely accommodating. Special thanks to the team for going above and beyond with the awards ceremony, driving to get our food, cleaning up after us etc - they made it so easy, thank you! The campfire/conference space was perfect for what we needed. A colleague commented how nice it was to have a "conference" outside of a conventional board room and in a remote, relaxed environment that fostered team bonding.
My partner and I did the Off Road monster truck ride, OMG! Best thing we did during our stay here. Highly recommend :)
My partner and I visited Off Road NZ during our stay in Rotorua, and it’s definitely one of the best activities we did! For anyone who wants something a bit different, this is definitely a must.
The 4WD bush safari was absolutely worth it. Our guide had the quintessential kiwi 'she'll be right' attitude and kept us engaged and informed the whole way - could not have asked for more.